In A Time to Embrace William Stacy Johnson brilliantly analyzes the religious, legal, and political debates about gay marriage, civil unions, and committed gay couples. This new edition includes updates that reflect the many changes in laws pertaining to civil unions / same-sex marriage since 2006.
Nothing less than a tour de force. . . . This is a book for everyone in the church, from those completely new to the debates about same-sex relationships to those who have long been in the thicket of the controversy.
– The Christian Century
“Deserves to be read and pondered by all who care about the moral integrity of religious and political life in America today. . . . There is no finer work to date on this highly charged yet crucial debate.”
All Resources (Alphabetical)
- 220th General Assembly Marriage Equality Resources
- A Confessional Affirmation on Marriage Equality (2012) (pdf) by Ken Cuthbertson
- A Time to Embrace: Same-Sex Relationships in Religion, Law, and Politics (study guide) (pdf) by William Stacy Johnson
- Apologia for Marriage (pdf) by Ken Cuthbertson
- Freedom to Marry
- Final Report of the Special Committee to Study Issues of Civil Union and Christian Marriage. The committee was appointed after the 218th General Assembly.
- Journey of a Marriage Equality Overture (pdf) A great way to teach the basics of Presbyterian Church polity
- Marriage Equality Resources at the Institute for Welcoming Resources
- Marriage Resources at the Human Rights Campaign
- More Light on Marriage (pdf)
- Operation Marriage, a children’s book from Reach and Teach
- Talking About Marriage Equality at GLAAD
- Why Marriage Matters