Join as Church
To become a More Light Church, your session will need to formally vote to endorse the mission statement of More Light Presbyterians.
Two Simple Steps
Have your church session pass a motion that endorses the mission statement of More Light Presbyterians:
Following the risen Christ, and seeking to make the Church a true community of hospitality, the mission of More Light Presbyterians is to work for the full participation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) people in the life, ministry and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and in society.
Some sessions like to work through a period of congregational study on LGBTQ concerns before passing this motion, but for many churches, becoming More Light is an obvious step to take as part of your congregation’s commitment to justice and equality.
After your church session has passed a motion that endorses the mission statement of MLP, register your church with More Light Presbyterians.
That’s it, you’re done! It’s that easy.
- Your church becomes part of a national community of hope and equality – a network of churches that stand together to create an authentic and full welcome within our denomination.
- We’ll post an announcement and celebration of your new More Light status on our blog and social media.
- We list your church on our map and directory of More Light Churches. This page is promoted in Google’s search engine using Google Ad Words.
- Your church will receive 20 copies of the More Light Update for distribution.
- You may use MLP logos and banners as part of your congregation communications.
- As your church organizes LGBT-supportive events, we’ll post news articles about your activities (with photos, if you can provide them) on our web site and in our periodic email update, MLP News.
- More Light churches get write-ups in More Light Update, which features a More Light Church profile in most issues.